Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Devin's Blog # 13 What I want to do in 2012

Well I'm back for whoever follows my blog. I hope everyone had a great Christmas and a start to the new year. So even though it is about 11 days after the new year, I decided to do a what I want to do in 2012 entry. Why you ask? Well... for the hell of it I guess. Here is goes.

I want to finish college. I have only one class left and after that I get my bachelors degree in history and a minor in Chinese language. I don't plan on going to get my masters at the moment and I don't know if I ever will. One of the reasons is I've spent enough time in trying to get the bachelors degree that I am sick of school and the other is the cost which is going up and up for schools.

After I am done getting my bachelors degree I want to get a TEFL (Teach English as a Foreign Language) certificate. I want to do this because I hope I can help others learn another language, see if any of my methods can work to help people learn English, and I want to go to a foreign country especially China or Taiwan. I want to go to Taiwan or China because I want to practice and learn more Chinese. I need a ton more of experience with the language.

Speaking of Chinese, I plan in 2012 on trying to put more focus on learning the language. When I had Chinese language classes at the university they all flew by pretty fast and even though I would always get A's I didn't understand everything that was said when it came to the grammar. I also feel at times uncomfortable speaking the language and have a hard time understanding what is being said.

Getting some more exercise when winter is done. This isn't because I think I am getting too fat, but I would like to get some more exercise than I normally do, which is usually not that much. The exercises I would like to do is practice more of wing chun kung fu, run outside, and go bowling a lot more.

Trying to decrease my stress level is a never ending battle and usually I don't win, but I have to keep trying if I hope to stay somewhat healthy and don't have a heart attack or something like that, I'll let the views decide what could happen if I stay too stressed out. I don't know what exactly to do to keep my stress level down, but for now I will have to wing it.

There are going to be a lot of interesting movies I will be watching in 2012, that either are coming out in 2012 or have been released on DVD in 2012, one movie I can't wait to see is The Dark Knight Rises, I know that Christopher Nolan can make this final movie in the Nolan Batman series a memorable one and complete an awesome trilogy. Not to mention all of the awesome tv shows that come back in 2012.

Enjoying life more, this is a hard one for me to do at times because I usually don't always see stuff as sun shines and rainbows, so there are times when I have to work extra hard to get a positive attitude.

Seeing my best friend getting married. My best friend Matt is getting married this November and I will be his best man. I'm happy for him and excited to see this, but where in the hell did all the years go?

No comments:

Post a Comment