Monday, December 12, 2011

Devin's Blog # 10 My random thoughts 1.0

This is a new segment for my blogs I've just came up with to take a break from the regular posts and to try something new. In this segment I will discuss certain things I've read or heard about and things that pop up in my head. The topics in this segment won't have the normal length like my normal blogs. Some of these topics might be revisited and discussed in a full length blog when I've acquired more information.

It's almost Christmas time and for many this is a time for gifts and family, also a time for religious celebrations. I personally do not believe in god or any type of deity and certainly do not have a religion. I've many friends who are religious and believe in god and I like to have many discussions about this topic, not to argue with them, but just to find out what they think about certain issues. A few years ago my mom and I went down to Jacksonville, Florida where my cousin Joe lives and when discussing religion he asked me "Devin what keeps you going?" referencing "having faith". My answer was "I don't know" and to this day I still don't know what keeps me going on a spiritual level. It's hard when you are a non believer because you naturally become a realist and view the world through gloomy shaded lenses. This is not to say I don't feel any sort of happiness, but in all my years I can't bring myself to except that with all the things that happen in the world, there is a higher power that guides people, yet at the same time lets horrible things happen in the world.

  I caught something on TV the other day for a new show called "shipping wars". I honestly do not understand these shows that have "war" in the title for example: Cupcake Wars, Cake Wars, Parking Wars, Garage Wars, Storage Wars, Storage Wars Texas. These are the ones I can think of off the top of my head I'm pretty sure there are or there are going to be more shows with "war" in the title. Why in the hell does everything have to be a war? I mean its only a war when there is shooting so if you are going to get my attention wouldn't it be better if lets say for Cupcake Wars that the contestants can shoot at each other? " Peanut Butter is done --BOOM--" There goes the whipped batter.

Still on the subject of TV shows why is almost every show seem to be a competition? I mean The Voice, American Idol, The X Factor, America's Got Talent and so on. I don't care about this and just because it is a competition doesn't mean it is interesting. The sad thing is people like to watch the show just to see the fuck ups. I'm just begging for the day when there is the show "The next big custodian" Can you imagine the intrigue? There are 8 contests who will battle for the top prize of the next big custodian, the prize not only gives them this title but a $ 7.50 hr job with no health insurance and a boss who is a total dick. Along with this I just want to see who can unplug the most toilets the quickest.

I heard that doctors in Europe found the Norway shooter Breivik to be insane and with him being declared insane could not face prison but be put into a mental asylum. First things first of course this guy is insane he killed 50 people and injured 150 more, plus he went to a kids camp and lit up the place. I don't get that with being declared insane he can't face prison time. There should be standards and test to determine this type of thing but if Breivik is insane then what the fuck does that say about serial killers and mass murderers? This guy should not be put into a mental asylum he should face prison for the rest of his life. The guy who talks to himself and says things like "bugs bunny ate all my carrots and now I have to settle for radishes" is insane, Breivik is just a murderer.

On a last note I'm not really updated on the current hip trend of music, I have my own tastes, but I don't know that many current artists besides the ones that are promoted heavily such as Lady Gaga. There is this song on the radio called "Tonight, Tonight" or maybe just "Tonight" sung by some guy and featuring Pittbull. I know of Pittbull because of the stupid  Dr. Pepper commercial he is in and every time I hear this song on the radio there is a part where Pittbull says "now I'm on top of your girl ha!".  How can you not laugh at this and at the same time think that it sounds like rape. I swear in many songs it sounds like the singer is going to rape some random girl or screw your girl, but hey the tune is catchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment